November 1, 2014

All I Want for Christmas... (1)

Since my blog's had a 2-month-long-and-counting break since the last time I posted...why yes, I *am* still alive! (Somewhere underneath this massive pile of grad school assignments, that is...)

Every year my mom asks me to send her my book wishlist for Christmas, since it just isn't Christmas without books. In the hopes of getting some content onto this blog more regularly, I'll be posting my book wishlist picks on here.

If anyone would like to join in with picks from their own wishlist, please feel free to add your link in the comments :) And if you've read any of the books on my list, let me know what you thought of them (good, bad, or otherwise!)


First pick:

The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski

From Goodreads:

"Winning what you want may cost you everything you love

As a general’s daughter in a vast empire that revels in war and enslaves those it conquers, seventeen-year-old Kestrel has two choices: she can join the military or get married. But Kestrel has other intentions.

One day, she is startled to find a kindred spirit in a young slave up for auction. Arin’s eyes seem to defy everything and everyone. Following her instinct, Kestrel buys him—with unexpected consequences. It’s not long before she has to hide her growing love for Arin.

But he, too, has a secret, and Kestrel quickly learns that the price she paid for a fellow human is much higher than she ever could have imagined.

Set in a richly imagined new world, The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski is a story of deadly games where everything is at stake, and the gamble is whether you will keep your head or lose your heart.
"
I think pretty much everything I've read about this one has been glowing. I've got high hopes here (please tell me this book will live up to them!)

What books are you hoping to find under the tree this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails