November 1, 2011

All I Want For Christmas (1)

So, now that Halloween is over...it's time to start looking forward to the next big holiday: Christmas! That's right, it's time for me to create my yearly Christmas book wish list :D And like last year I'll be posting about a book on my wish list weekly on the blog.

If anyone would like to join in with picks from their own wish list, please add your link — the more the merrier! I had a lot of fun last year seeing what books everyone was hoping to find under the tree, and would love to do the same again (and maybe get some more ideas for my own list...)


This week's pick:

My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison

From Goodreads:

"Finding your one true love can be a Grimm experience!  After her boyfriend dumps her for her older sister, sophomore Savannah Delano wishes she could find a true prince to take her to the prom. Enter Chrissy (Chrysanthemum) Everstar: Savannah’s gum-chewing, cell phone–carrying, high heel-wearing Fair Godmother. Showing why she’s only Fair—because she’s not a very good fairy student—Chrissy mistakenly sends Savannah back in time to the Middle Ages, first as Cinderella, then as Snow White. Finally she sends Tristan, a boy in Savannah’s class, back instead to turn him into her prom-worthy prince. When Savannah returns to the Middle Ages to save Tristan, they must team up to defeat a troll, a dragon, and the mysterious and undeniably sexy Black Knight. Laughs abound in this clever fairy tale twist from a master of romantic comedy."
This sounds like a fluffy, fun read that's perfect when you don't want anything too heavy or serious. Plus I'm a sucker for fairy tales!


9 comments:

  1. I've heard that this is a good one! I think I read a five star review somewhere, and pushed it to the back of my mind to remember to pick up. Thanks for the unintentional reminder! ;)

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love this feature!! AND IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS OMGGGGGGG

    Great pick! I've seen this one around and it does sound like a fun holiday read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All set to inundate you with my Christmas list again this year! (Can't believe it's already that time....)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember doing this feature last year! I'm definitely doing it again :D

    This one sounds really cute! I like the cover :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I looove the sound of this one! So can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy Rallison's books though I have to admit that I didn't like this one as much as some of her others. Still, I've got My Unfair Godmother on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved it when you did this feature last year! I'm so glad it's back again :)

    And ohmygoshyes! You should SO read that book! I wasn't expecting much and I was even considering bringing it back to the library unread, but I'm so glad I didn't. It's funny and sweet and I really like the characters. Just wait until you get to the scene with the goat. Ooh ooh or the scene with the dwarfs! I was laughing out loud. I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh 'My Fair Godmother' is really cute! I really enjoyed it, and found it pretty funny as well. The 2nd one is good too. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails