July 31, 2011

In My Mailbox (32)

In this meme, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, we share the books we've received, bought or taken out from the library. This IMM covers the past two weeks.

Won:



Haunting Violet by Alyxandra Harvey (thanks very much to Musings of a YA Reader!)

From the library:

Many of these are for the Psychtember event coming up in a month, but there's no way I can read all of them in time. And I still keep ordering books! *shakes head*

The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
I Don't Want To Be Crazy by Samantha Schutz (poetry memoir)
Sea by Heidi R. Kling
What Are You Afraid Of? (short stories edited by Donald R. Gallo)
Life, After by Sarah Darer Littman
Split by Swati Avasthi

Skin by A.M. Vrettos
Glimpse by Carol Lynch Williams
Mindblind by Jennifer Roy
Marcelo in the Real World by Francisco X. Stork
The Nature of Jade by Deb Caletti
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

Identical by Ellen Hopkins
Crank by Ellen Hopkins
Broken Memory by Élisabeth Combres
Saving Francesca by Melina Marchetta
Purple Heart by Patricia McCormick
All-in by Pete Hautman

And I just opened up Saving Francesca today to find this written inside:
which made me smile. Not, of course, that I condone writing in library books :P


As She Grows by Lesley Anne Cowan (adult)
Amen, Amen, Amen by Abby Sher (adult memoir)
The Karma Club by Jessica Brody
Fractured: Happily Never After? 3 Tales by Joanna Karaplis
The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen (adult)
Shirley by Charlotte Bronte (adult)



13 comments:

  1. Split! Absolutely True Diary! The Mockingbirds! Saving Francesca (which LOL at the picture :P) Rocking haul this week, what an awesome library :P And I really want to read Marcelo in the Real world like omg look at the COVER!!! O_O happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great haul this week! Sea is wonderful, I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great books this week ^-^ I have Life, After and Identical on my TBR! The Nature of Jude and Sea look really good...

    Hope you enjoy all the great books!

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you've got lots of great books this week! I loved "Marcelo", "Part-time Indian", and "Sea". Looking forward to your reviews and Psychtember

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many good books from the library!! wow, I wish I had a library as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover to Haunting Violets. You got lots of books to read, happy reading :)

    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/07/in-my-mailbox-20.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol for the writing in library books. I so agree with their points :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow that is a lot of books! I really want to read Haunting Violet, and I love the look of Sea too! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the writing in Saving Francesca. And they're right - Jellicoe Road is even better. Have you read Jellicoe Road yet? I forget and am too lazy to look at your archives :-/
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got Haunting Violet! I did enjoy it but I'm still not quite sure what I think of it. The writing in the library book made me smile :D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoa, a ton of books this week!! You'll be locked away reading them for the next weeks :D Hope Haunting Violet is good, I got a copy too but haven't started it yet.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't condone writing in library books either, of course, but that is awesome :) I wish library books had papers in the back for people to write comments about the book. I always thought it would be kind of fun to see what other people had to say and see all of the book's travels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you enjoy "Saving Francesca" Melina Marchetta is my all time fave author...well one of them anyway. Also check out "On the Jellicoe Road".

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so post away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails